Friday, September 19, 2008

Poem Time: The Reason We Endure

I haven't written a poem in such a long time. I think the last time I wrote one was about 6 years ago.. I've written lyrics to songs with Ryan adding the magical effect with his music... and I guess that may count as poetry.. but it seems like it's been so long since I've sat down and have written poetry about my day to day life experiences...the kind without music attached.. ;-D

I've decided to write at least a poem ONCE a month... hopefully it'll help me get back into what I've enjoyed since my elementary years...

"The Reason We Endure" poem was written in the year 1998. I remember writing it at work when I used to work in Aerol Co., Inc. For some reason, I had the urge to pick up a pen and paper.. I just started to write... like I couldn't stop. Every word I wrote kept flowing freely like I had a purpose in writing it. It took about an hour to complete but hopefully it'll last for years to come for everyone to enjoy!

So I hope whoever reads this poem enjoys it and will find some inspiration and strength from it.

The Reason We Endure

Are you seeking for happiness
In a world that's full of pain?
In this place so many trials,
Hardships, sorrows still remain.
For every day that passes,
Your tears so easy to shed
For worries and troubles of this world
Are what's inside your head.

At times you even think
Of giving up this difficult race
Since sadness is always there
Right in front of your weary face.
Then you wonder how
You are able to endure.
You wonder what it is
That makes your life so sure.

You close your weary eyes
In prayer to God above
And there you feel his presence
As He embraces you with love.
A love that's everlasting
A comfort so secure
Now you've found the reason
Why you are able to endure.

In your heart you hear Him saying
"I will never leave your side.
I will give you strength that you will need,
For you are my loving child.
There's no reason to be frightened.
Why from Me should you ever hide?
I will always help you.
I will always be your guide."

Do you still seek for happiness?
Look real hard and you will find
It will truly be found only in
Our Father who is kind.
His love is everlasting.
His comfort is secure.
He is the only reason
Why we are able to endure.

1 comment:

Gee Abe! said...

What a beautiful poem!
- Abe (Uncle Willy's brother)