Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We're In NY!

We landed at the JFK Airport at around 5:40 am today. Ate Peachy picked us up and took us to this really cool restaurant called "Maureen's Kitchen" in Smithtown, New York. I was looking for a website but could not find any.  Just do a google search and it'll pop up reviews. Inside the restaurant looks like a herd of cows exploded because there are black and white cow patterns all over the place and cow figurines everywhere! Really cute! Here's a picture of the signage outside:


Regarding the food....All I can say is, DELICIOUS!  When ate Peachy says she has found a really cool place to try, I believe her to the fullest! The staff was really friendly and the food was yummy! Ate Peachy told me to try the French Toast Croissant with Cream Cheese stuffed with a kind of Rasberry Jam, so I did.  I'm going to use this blog as a means to spread the word on this place because I would definitely come again and try that french toast!

We're still a bit jet lag.  It's 12:36 PM east coast time which means it's only 9:36 AM west coast time.  Ryan is still napping and I'm just relaxing :-D  We'll be attending worship service today at the locale of Bellmore, NY. Tomorrow we'll be meeting up with my brother, cousins, and friends to visit the Statue of Liberty!   Ryan and I didn't get to see it the last time we visited NYC (which was 2 years ago) so we definitely have it as a TO DO this time! 

I'm actually enjoying the day doing nothing but just relaxing here at ate's home.  She has a cool collection of magnets from places she's been to.  I think my favorite one is the "good friends" magnet. It reads: "good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they're always there." And of course, I need to focus on the Statue of Liberty magnet cause we're in NY!


Here are some photos I took here at ate peachy's home :-D. I need more stock photos for my use... I intend to take more during this trip!


More pictures to come! Signing off, unless I find something awesome to blog about again!