Thursday, May 29, 2008

Like Vapor

I am looking at a photograph of my cousin and I. It was taken this past January during our short family get-together in the Philippines. I'm sad because I didn't get to converse with him as much as I could have... I can't tell him how much I appreciate him traveling just to be with the family... now, I won't be able to encourage him to return to the church... it's just too late...

Life really is like a puff of smoke... like vapor.. that appears for a short time and then vanishes... I don't think I'll ever be prepared for death... whether it be of a family member, a relative, or a friend... Until now, I still remember those who have passed and I think of them often.. how they've finished their course... how I'm happy because they've kept the faith. They've become an inspiration for me...

But what about those I know who have not? How do I feel?? I'm beyond sad... I'm afraid...

I'm going to miss my cousin... the only thing I have left are the memories I had seeing him and the picture that was taken of us together...


----------------------------
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
James 4:14 NKJV
----------------------------

No comments: