Tuesday, May 27, 2008

INC Brotherhood

There really is something special about the church that I belong to: Iglesia Ni Cristo(INC) - (Church of Christ). This past Memorial Day weekend I enjoyed seeing and being with brethren not just in my locale but from all over the Southern California District! Some of them were also visiting from the Philippines (a break from their ministerial classes) and I realized how much I missed going to district activities! It has definitely been awhile... Although each locale was competing against one another (friendly competition that is..) everyone cheered for all the participants whether they were part of their locale or not. Brotherhood was truly felt throughout the whole day and I am so glad to have been a part of it!

There is a story someone shared with me. A brother in our locale has competed and is part of the school's track team. So I could only imagine how many medals he must own from all the competitions he's been a part of. Well, he won first place for one of the races and he got his gold medal. One of the children who attended was admiring his medal. "That is so cool!" the child had exclaimed and so the brother decided to give him the gold medal instead of keeping it for himself! How awesome is that? Another comment that made me smile that day was when after a child runner finished competiting.. and although did not win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place... still blurted out to his friends, "That was so much fun! I want to run again!". One last comment I want to share that I heard about that made my spirits even high was when another brother had mentioned to his friends that it's definitely worth hanging out with church brethren because we know how to have "good, christian fun!".

Our Track & Field was truly successful! I admit that during the closing prayer I was in tears because I was soooo happy! For the wonderful events I experienced this past weekend.. I give all glory and honor to HIM above. I am so thankful to HIM for letting me be a part of this strong brotherhood inside the Church of Christ! I really want to be a part of as much church activities as I can possibly go to, which is why I'll be working around church schedules before booking any photography/videography work... Church comes first always, family and then work... ;-)

No comments: