Monday, April 28, 2008

Registered Trademark!

So lately I've been reading a lot of materials about small businesses. There are soooo many things to figure out such as what to consider my family/friends who help me out during photo/video gigs. Are they considered employees? independent contractors? seasonal employees? I still have no idea but need to figure things out asap! I'm keeping track of everything until I do...

Today I applied to get the es-sense logo/trademark registered through http://www.uspto.gov/. I don't know about you, but for some reason, I enjoy reading government forms and instructions.. I know... I'm weird like that. But really i do! :P Anyways... I applied for the trademark registration and at the end it says it could take months to get it approved!?!! Hopefully I answered everything right and it'll get approved sooner rather than later...

Anyways, another thing that I'm looking into, is getting some sort of diploma/certificate of completion for photography. I'm also looking to taking some courses on photoshop for photography as well. There's just so much to learn but its so much fun! A friend of mine asked me how I could do this part time while I have a full time day job and church and family responsibilities too. I guess I just like that fact that I can help people capture special moments in their lives! Also I get to meet new people that I would never have met if I didn't do photography/videography part time.

I've met really awesome people who still keep in touch with me and continue to refer our services to their friends... For this reason, I really want to do my best in giving them the best. Learning new things as well as doing things right will help me achieve these goals... with God's help of course :D

No comments: