Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's All About Presentation...

I remember working for an accountant 5 years ago during tax season as a temp. He had a small office and worked for himself. The only time he would get someone to help him out was during tax season so yes, he had a really small business. He was very meticulous about everything! He was meticulous about how papers should be stapled, how the forms should be arranged, even about how center the type on the cover should be... I'm telling you... he would measure everything!

Then talking to him one day, he explained why he made sure things were done his way. He taught me something that I will never forget. He explained that his clients are the reason why he is still in business today. His clients could go to any other CPA but because they continue to go to him for his services, it was important that everything he does for them is presentable. His exact words were, "It's all about presentation, Joan".

Since then, I've kept that in my head... everything we do in life, people look/judge us at how we present ourselves. Yes, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but no matter how much we hear this... and no matter how much we try not to judge people that way... we still tend to judge people by their "cover". I'm taking to heart what my former employer has taught me. I believe that God makes us meet people and makes us experience things for a reason... and His reason for introducing me to this CPA was to help me out one day with how I present es-sense!

Today I found a nice lady who was willing to help me get our es-sense logo embroidered on our black polo shirts. I love it!! Our shirts makes us look more professional and presentable to clients and that is what we want to portray. We are professionals and we intend to look like it in all our upcoming photography-videography jobs! Plus, it shows how we are UNITED as well!

Here are two shots of what it looks like:

Anyways... I'll post up a picture of the crew with our new embroidered uniforms!

Oh and if you're wondering who this CPA is... his name is Sean Jonas, CPA who has an office in Torrance, California. He's really cool! So if you're looking for a good CPA.. just tell him Joan Solitario sent you heheh.. hopefully he remembers me... cause I don't think I'll ever forget working for him!

No comments: